On The Mountain
Check back daily to see what's new...
Student Government Elections
Candidates running for the Mountain Range Student Government next year will be giving their speeches in the Auditorium during all lunches today. Voting will take place all day Friday, April 25th in the Stampede Room.
Coors Field Game - Friday, April 25th
The scrimmage at Coors Field vs. Pomona High School has been rescheduled for this Friday, April 25th at 11am. Please check the Mountain Range baseball page for more information.
A Day Without Hate - Friday, April 25th
Students and staff members:
On Friday, April 25th, Mountain Range High School will join other high schools across Colorado and the nation in participating in "A Day Without Hate". A Day Without Hate was organized in response to school violence and is a day where we put our differences aside and recognize how alike we really are. To show our unity, and to promote nonviolence and respect, we ask that all staff and students wear white on Friday.
Submit to Trail Mix
* All entries must be original.
* All entries will be critiqued and edited by staff.
* No anonymous entries will be accepted.
HOW TO SUBMIT WRITING AND ART PIECES:
1. Email all pieces to email@example.com. Use your first and last name as well as the title of your piece as the subject to the email.
2. Each writing submission must be sent as a Word document or .pdf attachment to the email. Art submissions may be saved as .jpg or .png formats.
3. Starting in January, submissions will be posted weekly through the end of the school year.
* By submitting your writing, you are giving permission for your work and name to be posted online.
* Our staff reserves the right to refuse submitted pieces and to edit pieces as we feel it is necessary.
* We WILL NOT publish materials of offensive or threatening nature. Submissions with questionable content will not be published.
* Check the online magazine weekly to see if your piece has been selected to be published in Trail Mix.
Take Our Daughters and Sons to Work Day - Thursday, April 24th
Thursday, April 24, 2014 has been designated as Take Our Daughters and Sons to Work Day. This annual event includes both boys and girls and is primarily intended for children 8-12 years of age. Students who are slightly younger or older may also participate. The purpose is to help young people make connections between education and a future in the workplace.
Parents should verify their intent to have their child accompany them at work. In order to eliminate a large number of calls to the attendance line, we are asking parents to fill out the form that can be accessed by clicking on one of the links below. A call to the attendance line is not necessary if you have excused your child using the form. The forms are due to the Attendance Office by Thursday, April 17.
Yearbook Distribution - May 5th
Yearbooks will be distributed on May 5th. Do you have your yearbook reserved? It is not too late. Go to the Mountain Range Josten's page to reserve your yearbook for $60. There is no guarantee that any yearbooks will be available for purchase in May.
Winter Sports Results
Check back frequently for updates on all Winter Sports results. Widget courtesy of Maxpreps.com.