Hello everyone! My name is Hannah Burdge, and I am new to both Colorado and Mountain Range this year. I was born and raised in Florida and attended Florida Gulf Coast University, where I earned a B.A. in English with minors in education and creative writing, as well as an M.A. in English. I have wanted to teach for as long as I can remember, and I cannot wait to share my love of language and literature with the students of Mountain Range. Apart from that, here are some fun facts about me:
- I was a competitive swimmer for 16 years (no, I never grew gills, although that would've been pretty cool).
- I love surfing (so I was pretty excited to learn that "river surfing" is a thing here in Colorado).
- I dabble in lifestyle and portrait photography.
- This summer, I became a 200hr registered yoga teacher.
- Two of my all-time favorite authors are Toni Morrison and Zora Neale Hurston.
- My idea of a "good time" is curling up with a good book, blanket, and coffee on a rainy day. :)
I am looking forward to all that is in store in this coming year-- successes and challenges alike. Although I think we all can agree that remote or hybrid learning is not ideal, I look forward to growing as an educator through these times, and taking advantage of this unique opportunity to turn lemons into lemonade. In the words of William Butler Yeats, "happiness is neither virtue nor pleasure nor this thing nor that but simply growth. We are happy when we are growing."