Mrs. Hilary Wimmer
Mrs. Hilary Wimmer - BS, MEd, EdS
Welcome to the High School of Business™! High School of Business™ is designed much like a college business administration program. Students take approximately one course per semester, beginning with Principles of Business. The program continues with courses in various business functions:
International Business and Marketing
Each of our High School of Business™ courses is designed to:
· Provide students with a thorough understanding of business concepts and their theoretical underpinnings
· Foster economic understanding in the context of business decision-making
· Encourage students to think critically
· Stimulate innovative and entrepreneurial thinking
· Stress integration with academics
· Provide a foundation that supports advanced study in business
· Provide a broadly based business curriculum that supports transferable skills and knowledge between and among industries
· Incorporate the use of technology to perform business activities
· Stress the use of emotional intelligence in diverse societies
· Foster a realistic understanding of professional business environments and employer expectations
· Stimulate information literacy skills
· Foster an understanding, appreciation, and application of business ethics
We highly encourage each of my students to participate in business co-curricular student organizations: DECA and FBLA.
DECA prepares emerging leaders and entrepreneurs for careers in marketing, finance, hospitality and management in high schools and colleges around the globe.
Future Business Leaders of America-Phi Beta Lambda is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) education association with a quarter million students preparing for careers in business and business-related fields.
In addition to our co-curricular clubs, students will have the opportunity to expand their knowledge of business through a variety of our business partnerships.
Students can participate in internships that explore many different careers. This opportunity is only available to Adams County students.
The mission of Junior Achievement is to inspire and prepare young people to succeed in a global economy. It's not an easy task. But it's the kind of challenge that JA takes on with creative energy, fervor, and decisive action.
We bring in guest speakers from business and industry throughout the year, so students can find out more about the "real" world of business. If you are interested in these types of opportunities, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Capitalism With a Conscience
Students in our classes are taught about the value of nurturing a successful business by implementing sound ethical practices and giving back to the community. Guest speakers from business and industry also come into classes to present and work on "real world" ethical scenarios with the students and to share how their businesses give back to the community.
Thank you for letting us be a part of your education or your child's education. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or would like additional information about our business and marketing courses.