In support of the PBS program at Mountain Range, I expect students to follow the guidelines for all academic areas (see below).
- Be on time for class every day.
- Be responsible for your own learning.
- Bring materials to class every day.
- Use class time wisely.
- Keep track of your own grades, attendance, and progress.
- Help your classmates stay focused.
- Clean up after yourself.
- Listen to and follow directions.
- Treat others as you want to be treated.
- Stand up for others and for what is right.
- Listen and respect others.
- Use polite words and an appropriate tone of voice.
- Turn off and put away cell phones and other electronic devices.
- Positively contribute to group activities.
- Respect school property and equipment.
- Tell the truth.
- Take credit for your own work, not the work of others.
- Own and be responsible for your actions.
- Speak up when you see bullying or name-calling.
- Be aware of emergency procedures.
- Report unsafe conditions or behaviors.
- Take concerns to adults.
- Practice self-control. – Keep hands and feet to yourself.
Students will have difficulty with a math class if they have poor attendance. Unexcused absences will result in the loss of the daily quiz points and a parent/guardian will be notified either by the attendance office or by the teacher. Please refer to the student handbook on the Mountain Range attendance policy.
If a student is absent it is his/her responsibility to find out what it was that he/she missed that day either from a classmate or from Schoology.
- It is also the student's responsibility to get the notes for the days missed from a classmate or on Schoology.
Students are also expected to be in class and ready to learn when it is the designated time.
- Students who are tardy (unexcused) will be able to, and are encouraged to, do the daily objective check as practice and part of the class activity but will be expected to turn it in when the time allotted has expired. They will not receive any extra time to complete the objective check.
After the second tardy of the year (tardy number 3 and beyond), students will be assigned detention.
Failure to serve detention with me will result in detention in student relations and a phone call home.