Awarding of Diplomas
Awarding of Diplomas - May 14 – 20
It is important that all graduates have an opportunity to take a formal cap and gown photo, walk across the stage, and receive their diploma from me. Since we are limited on the number of people permitted in the building at one time, we have spanned the process across 5 days to give all graduates the same recognition. These events are currently scheduled to occur May 14, 15, 18, 19 and 20, 2020. You have been assigned a specific day and half hour time slot, with six graduates scheduled for each half hour. I apologize now, but we will not be accommodating requests for specific time slots. Our previously scheduled 2pm graduation would have necessitated adjustments to work schedules, this photo opportunity and stage crossing will require less time to be requested off from any work schedule. We did cross reference with AP exams and believe we have adjusted for any conflicts. Please check the spreadsheet that was sent via email on 5/8/2020 for your assigned day and time slot.
Keep in mind, the event must follow the following guidelines set by the health department:
- Graduates can only have 1-4 parents/legal guardians in attendance.
- We are unable to allow siblings, grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, or friends to attend the event. The more extended the family attendance gets, the broader the exposure risk for all.
- All attendees must be wearing a mask for entrance and keep it on while in the building. The graduate may remove his/her mask for the cap & gown photo.
- We will be conducting touchless temperature checks and will turn away anyone with a fever. Anyone experiencing symptoms must not attend.
- All graduates and their parents/guardians must maintain spacing of 6+ feet distance from other graduate groups.
- Parents/Guardians in attendance may take their own video of the graduate crossing the stage and receiving his/her diploma.
- Graduates who miss their time slot, or do not want a cap/gown photo and walk across the stage, will have an opportunity to pick up their diploma on 5/21/2020 or 5/22/2020 from 8:00am – 2:00pm. Come to the main entrance, state your name, show your school ID or driver’s license and your diploma will be brought to you. Please be wearing a mask.
This event is subject to change or cancellation based on health department restrictions. These official photos will be included in our virtual ceremony along with recordings of our traditional speakers. Preparing the best recorded virtual release we possibly can will take time, but we will make every effort to release the virtual ceremony in May.