Hello everyone! My name is Hannah Burdge, and this will be my second year teaching at MRHS and living in Colorado. I was born and raised in Florida and attended Florida Gulf Coast University, where I earned a B.A. in English with minors in education and creative writing, as well as an M.A. in English. This fall, I will be continuing my studies at the University of Colorado (Denver), where I will be working towards an M.A. in Curriculum and Instruction. Apart from that, here are some fun facts about me:
- I was a competitive swimmer for 16 years (no, I never grew gills, although that would've been pretty cool). **AND, I coach swimming here at The Mountain! Don't hesitate to reach out if you or someone you know might be interested in joining. :)
- I love surfing (so I was pretty excited to learn that "river surfing" is a thing here in Colorado).
- I have a small business in photography, specializing in portraits and landscape.
- Last summer, I became a 200hr registered yoga teacher.
- Two of my all-time favorite authors are Toni Morrison and Zora Neale Hurston.
- My idea of a "good time" is curling up with a good book, blanket, and coffee on a rainy day. ~All the cozy vibes~
I am looking forward to all that is in store in this coming year-- successes and challenges alike. I am excitied to continue to grow as an educator through these times, by taking advantage of this unique opportunity (pandemic teaching) to turn lemons into lemonade. In the words of William Butler Yeats, "happiness is neither virtue nor pleasure nor this thing nor that but simply growth. We are happy when we are growing."